August Gardening Checklist
It's August! The dog days of summer are upon us which means we need to spend a little bit more time caring for our gardens. These tips will help your garden stay beautiful right into Fall:
- Weeds, weeds, weeds. Doesn't matter how dry the soil is, weeds continue to pop up. Pull them as you see them. A few minutes daily goes a long way to maintaining a weed free garden.
- Deadhead (remove) dead flower blooms. Your flowering shrubs and bushes will look fresh when the dead blooms are removed.
- Prune small branches are your trees and shrubs.
- Be sure to new plantings (within the past 6 months) daily.
- Check your soil. August is a great time to have your soil tested so you can add needed nutrients before spring blooms.
- It's time to plan! Order your spring bulbs and get ready to plant trees in fall such as beautiful flowering trees like Dogwood or Lilac trees.
A little time spent daily in the garden goes a long way. Enjoy!